Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hi Doc



A german children's health magazine called "Hi Doc" contacted me a week ago to do a cover and spread illustration for a story about a boy with such large ears he can hear everything in the world. The cover was a simple design and was finished pretty quickly. The spread however . . .



. . . took a little bit more time. I wanted to fit in as many things as I could to create a sense of sound and music in nature and the world around him. It was a lot of fun to make and I always love the chance to sneak my dog into my illustrations.

1 comment:

Jason Raish said...

wacky. i love those frogs. i always worry about being overly stereotypical when i have to draw non-americans. the high socks and shorts on that kid look pretty german to me as far as my ignorant american eyes can tell. all he's missing is a hat with a feather in it hahah.