Sunday, August 12, 2007

Elton and the Tree Giant



This image is for a children's book idea that I have been working on. The image is based on a sketchbook drawing that I decided to take to a finished illustration. I went through several variations of the giant, some ranging from more menacing to just down right strange. I finally decided on a more simple design that is actually closer to the original sketch. The image was drawn on tinted paper with graphite and white colored pencil and later colored in Photoshop.

3 comments:

vicboy said...

very cool, you are an illustrator with many skills.
good for kids, they are not dumbs with baby illustrations

Anonymous said...

Well said.

simson11 said...

fabulous work Stefan!!! Drawing is spot on, and I love the colour harmonies in all of them. I don't know if it is the sitting couches in these paintings or the older word feel of the museum room.. but these really remind me of some great victorian/edwardian interiors done by painters like Merrit Chase and Duvenek.

Suzuki Control Arm
florence knoll sofa