Sunday, August 12, 2007

sketchbook


My sketchbook section on my website is in need of updating, so I have been focusing a lot more on drawing in my little black book. For me the sketchbook is a place to create without planning ahead and getting caught up in the final outcome. Things need to evolve naturally without fear of destroying the final image. This sketch was on the brink of disaster many times forcing me to involve new strategies and mediums to bring it back to life. There are plenty of pages in my sketchbook that are beyond saving, however these images are more important than the one above.

1 comment:

simson11 said...

Stefan beautiful work lately. You sound like you have had a great paint visit to america. The one of Wayne painting on the beach is fabulous. I like the finished one, and there is something very powerful about the early stage photo of this painting too. great progress with all your work here!
Suzuki Control Arm
florence knoll sofa