Friday, February 6, 2009

Las Vegas Weekly


Las Vegas Weekly contacted me about doing this illustration a day before I was to leave for Miami. I really wanted to do it and decided to punch it into overdrive to get it done. I completed this sketch in about an hour and had it approved so I could move onto final. Keep in mind that the concept was pretty much given to me. Having to work out an idea from scratch probably would have tacked on a couple more hours.

Here is how the final turned out. I'm most proud of the background. I've always struggled with trying to keep backgrounds simple without looking to unfinished. This one strikes a nice balance.

The art director was kind enough to send me a pdf of the final layout.

1 comment:

Salhabkhcj said...

#2 Specific vs. general Although this is often one of the last questions you might be asked, you need to treat this one with utmost care. If you don't know what sort of salary is reasonable for the position, then you will have to ask the employer what their range is and then simply work from there. Do not start negotiating off the back of this question...wait until you are actually offered the position first, before you make any salary negotiations! Investment professional promoting financial health through investment & capital planning Computer and information systems managers -- $50,400