Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nevada For Sale


This was another illustration for Las Vegas Weekly and this time a portrait of Nevada's governor was involved. I don't get the opportunity to do portraits very often, but I love doing them. Here was the rough. I actually had a better sketch before this one, however Photoshop shut down unexpectedly before I was able to save it. I invented some new curse words that morning. This one was an attempt to capture the qualities I liked in the first sketch, but anyone whose ever done this line of work will tell you that rarely happens.

Here is the final. It's usually not until this stage that I really start to focus on capturing the likeness of the person being portrayed. I really nailed him though. Too bad people outside of Nevada probably don't know what he looks like.

2 comments:

simson11 said...

The Economou Dragoon looks really good -but more like a hussar to me. Yet, given the 'balkanic' cultural background of Cavenderia, a dragoon can well be in 'hungarian' dress there...
So good to see 18th C. such revival of 18th c. Cavenderia!
Cheers,
Jean-LouisStyles P mixtapes

humör

Yeseniaslri said...

Battery Specification TOSHIBA 3420 PA3420U-1BAC is a high quality and brand new 10.8V laptop battery for Toshiba with 3 YEARS warranty and this Toshiba laptop battery is 100% compatible with the Toshiba OEM one! This Toshiba laptop battery uses high quality battery cells. This may still provide you with a great value whilst your moving costs down.